ever wondered how to do a truly reversible dress that doesn't have ties or buttons at the shoulder?
(ok, maybe you haven't ever wondered, but here's how in case you ever do)
1. cut 2 identical pattern pieces
2. sew with right sides together, making sure to leave the following gaps across the top and sides of the the shoulder pieces. also, a gap on one side (shown at left) for turning through.
**if you aren't crossing the shoulder straps, the gaps need to both be on the inside of the arm hole, ie across from each other**
3. turn through. **REMEMBER** before pinning and sewing make sure you CROSS your shoulders over to it's opposite.
4. with right sides together, pin shoulder seams and sew across the top. turn through and slip stitch (blind stitch) seam closed.
repeat for other shoulder.
5. slip stitch closed the gap you used to turn the dress through
**if you are very particular, you can make sure your turning-through gap is on the shoulder that crosses underneath**
of course, if you want to embellish the dress, do so before sewing the sides together :)
enjoy your Friday~ X