Monday, May 23, 2011

Make my Week #20 - shirt restyle

another restyle for the project this week~
if you're like me and love detailing on clothing but are too incompetent, lazy, time-pressed to do it yourself, here is my genius solution:

take one thrifted shirt with all the fancy detailing you are too incompetent, lazy, time-pressed to do yourself * cut out the fancy part in a semi-circle kind of a way * make up your most basic peasant top according to the first tutorial google provides * and, look! 
 


the coolest thing? if someone asks if you made it you can say
"yes"!
(then mumble "kind of..." while they oooh and ahhh)

(ps.is it bad to really want your daughter's socks??!!)

7 comments:

  1. woweee! clever idea dee! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg that is awesome!!!!!!! Love the grey socks too! Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. very cute. i know what you mean about wanting your daughter's socks. I have to say, that there are times when I would like something my daughter has in a bigger size for me! Not sure if it weird either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha! SO cute and very clever ;)

    Well done.


    Talia Christine
    http://taliachristine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE this. SO doing it for myself!! xx (I want her socks too...) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant! I love hearing of the imagination of others, I would never think to do that myself. Good idea! I want your daughters socks too..

    ReplyDelete

it means so much that you've taken the time to comment~ x