Thursday, February 10, 2011

birthday portrait

over the weekend we...
claimed a large piece of plywood laying about in the shed.

JR bday present 2011

and foraged for long-forgotten (it's hasn't gone hard? bonus!) pots of test paints.

JR bday present

we enlarged some V.I.Peeps ,
mixed up some "flesh" colour paint
and declared the workshop to be Out-of-Bounds for certain birthdaying dads.

JR bday present 2011

the birthday boy stood back
while his girl-child ceremoniously unveiled his gift.

JR bday present 2011

happy birthday Dad/Jeremy
"you have no idea..." xO
xoxo

the text at the bottom is (what i hope to be) Hebrew for "little flock". it is for him to hang in his (ugly, ahem!) office at church while he is at work caring for another, larger "flock".

11 comments:

  1. Oh WOW Dee that is awesome!!! What a very cool and special present for their dad. I love the colours and the style it's done, very VERY clever lady! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW - awesome, wish I could paint like that! It is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Dee your projects are amazing and so special, what a lucky man you have!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love it! Such a great picture and loving the Hebrew!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bet he thinks he is the luckiest birthday dad ever! What a fantastic present.

    ReplyDelete
  6. W.O.W!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I second the WOW factor. I bet he was BLOWN away. Think I'd have fallen over if I received that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I second the WOW factor. I bet he was BLOWN away. Think I'd have fallen over if I received that!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Man you're so talented it's quite unfair!!! I want one too!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Dee! Thanks for finding me and for your lovely comments on my scribbles. You're one super talented lady yourself! I absolutely love this birthday painting - great pop style and colours. And oh my word I want one of those table playhouses! (I might have to ask Brigitte to sew me one for my birthday, hee hee)

    I look forward to seeing more of your creations.

    P.S. Gorgeous family! xx

    ReplyDelete

it means so much that you've taken the time to comment~ x