- one pillowcase
- button/snap fastener/velcro
- turn your pillowcase inside out.
- make a template with A4/letter being the size of your centre rectangle. trace outline.
- pin, pin, pin.
- sew around your tracing line - leaving a gap on the underside of one of the side flaps for turning through and stuffing.
- trim away excess fabric and "snip the valleys and notch the mountains"
- turn through.
- your pillowcase should now look like this:
- embellish the cover of your pillowcase. **DO NOT sew through both layers!! paint, hand sew or use visafix. (if you are using contrasting fabrics instead of a pillowcase, it would make a lot more sense to decorate before you sew the two fabrics together)
- then retrace (with disappearing fabric pen preferrably as this will show) around the A4 rectangle in the centre.
- sew through both layers on THREE sides only. **Make sure the side you've left open is on the same side as the stuffing gap ;).like this:
- stuff, stuff, stuff until firmly packed within the centre rectangle area.
- sew the third side closed, keeping the stuffing away from the machine foot while doing so.
- fold three flaps together at the rear just like an envelope. pin.
- sew as i have using the red thread (it's a little tricky to get right into the corners but again, don't use a contrasting thread and the tricky bits remain more hidden!):
- add a button, snap fastener, velcro or ribbon to keep the top flap down (**note: if you are using this to sneak love letters to your child while they are sleeping - as we do - velcro may be a little noisy)
- it should now look like this at the back:
i hope you could follow that ok. i'm totally happy for you to use this design for your own personal use (gifts etc) and even to sell at markets but to be honest, i'd be a little gutted if i came across them being sold on Felt. yanno? follow the usual courtesy credit rules please. ta!
oh, and i would LOVE to see any you've made. PLEASE show me if you do
(check out my title...CHOO-torial CHOO-sday...i ooze with blogger cred. oh yeah!)